Postgrads, it's finally here!
Date: Monday 23rd November 2020 @ 9.30am
Location: Virtual via Microsoft Teams
We have an exciting set of activities lined up for the 5th Annual ILAS Conference and the official launch of the Keele Doctoral Academy (KDA).
The conference was originally due to take place in April but was postponed due to the pandemic. At the time, attendees and presentation numbers were high and we want similar if not MORE this time around and would encourage all postgraduates (PGR/PGT) to get involved!
The conference will include a virtual poster gallery with online voting leading up to and on the day, a panel discussion with Dr Jim Walsh and Dr Amber Regis, research specific break-out sessions, a three-minute thesis competition and a create your thesis competition with prizes announced on the day.
The conference is a great opportunity to celebrate the fantastic range and diversity of postgraduate work at the University. Now more than ever, we must stay connected as a research community and share what makes us great!
Just a few reasons to take part:
- The opportunity to communicate your research in an accessible and inspiring way to an informed but non-specialist audience
- Gain valuable experience in sharing your work beyond your field
- Free and open to all postgraduate students
- Competitions and prizes
- Support friends and colleagues
- Take part in the Three Minute Thesis competition and set yourself a challenge of presenting your doctoral research in an inspiring and engaging way, using just one slide, in just 3 minutes - check out Vitae's National 3MT Live Final on Wednesday 16th September. Register for free to attend here.
- Get your name and abstract in the conference handbook
- Attend breakout sessions on; Careers and Employability Skills, Public Engagement & planning a programme around your research, Qualitative Research Methods, and a Start to Success community event.
For further information including abstract deadlines and registering to present, please visit our website here.
For staff and students who wish to simply attend the event and support colleagues, please register by 9th November 2020 here.
Please do come along, support colleagues, and enjoy!
37 views0 comments